BAH

Default imperial grub screw

"David_Turner" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I am trying to find a grub screw for an antique door handle.

It seems to be between 3mm and 4mm in diameter. so i am guessing it is
an imperial size. (1/8inch perhaps)

does anyone know where i could get a grub screw to fit this? if a grub
screw is too specific, i could probably adapt a bolt that was the
right size.

cheers,

david.

You may still find imperial grub screws at the more 'old-fashioned'
ironmongers (ie: not B&Q) or more established machine equipment suppliers
(ie: not Machine Mart). I have a few in stock in my workshop, and I bet if
you know anyone in the toolmaking trade they'll be able to help you. But it
will probably be easier to cut a bit off a set screw or bolt, and saw a slot
with a junior or standard hacksaw. Beware that it will be 'softer' than the
proper thing though.
BAH