Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Milling on the lathe Vertical tslot table or vertical millingvise?

========================
The Palmgren vice allows easy vertical adjustment. I have never
used the Myford vertical table, but this may be more rigid.
See http://www.mcduffee-associates.us/ma...theMilling.htm
to see how we adopted a surplus compound slide for vertical
adjustment to lathe milling. You may well be able to do the same
thing with your Myford compound. Just make sure everything is
rigid.

Uncle George

I don't understand the page with the boring head.
http://www.mcduffee-associates.us/ma...oring_head.htm

The pictures are probably supposed to be self-explanatory, but it's not
working for me. I know how a boring head works, but I cannot figure out
what the added part is for, made from square bar.