Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Robert Sturgeon

Default OT - Stella

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 03:13:13 GMT, zadoc
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 17:57:02 -0800, Robert Sturgeon
wrote:

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 23:59:41 -0000, "tg"
wrote:

(snips)

Had I been on the jury, they definitely would have been held liable.

God it's people like you that make my skull feel like it's turning inside out. You're the epitomy of the irresponsible brat. It's
always always always gotta be someone elses fault.

If I had been on the jury, I would have awarded attorneys'
fees to McDonald's. Of course, I doubt I will ever be on
such a jury.

Her error, her clumsiness, her fault, her problem.

That I definitely don't agree with.

Hint -
don't spill your coffee in your lap. Don't we all already
know that???

Yes, but we aren't female or her age, and accidents can happen to
anyone.

Does being old and female mean a person should expect to be
protected from the results of her own failures? If she fell
on a floor surface that is not unusually dangerous, because
she is old and unsteady on her feet, would she be entitled
to a big court judgment? And more to the point, does an
occurrence which is an accident earn the person who had the
accident payment from someone else who didn't cause the
accident? It seems to me that this is a case of getting
someone else with deep pockets to pay -- that no "ordinary
citizen" should have to bear the results of her own screw
up.

Am sure that many of us have spilled liquids in our lap at one time or
another. However, we don't expect restaurant coffee to require time
in hospital. Or at least I wouldn't.

There are many occurrences which I wouldn't expect to put me
in a hospital -- but some just might. But if _I_ cause
them, or if they are just one of those things that happen,
why should someone else pay?

However, everyone has their own point of view. Cases such as this one
may annoy you. I am annoyed when juries reward damages to criminals.

That too.

--
Robert Sturgeon
Summum ius summa inuria.