Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
The Watcher

Default OT - Stella

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 06:52:24 GMT, zadoc wrote:

(snip)
But SHE spilled it on herself.

Irrelevant and immaterial.

Hardly. That is a fact, and in many cases is called contributory negligence.

Had it been served at a drinkable
temperature, she wouldn't have been injured so severely.

(snip)
Besides serving hot coffee? She would have bitched if it had been cold.

An unverifiable supposition.

A safe bet, given her past behavior. She's failed to take responsibility for her
own actions at least twice, showing a remarkable lack of intestinal fortitude.
I'd say it wasn't too large a leap to guess she might complain if her coffee was
cold.

(snip)
Why should it? A product is supposed to be inherently safe for the
average user.

The average user is supposed to be smart enough to know you don't put a cup of
hot coffee between your legs in a moving vehicle. :/

(snip)
in nca

Actually, I'm surprised that people are willing to defend them.

Maybe people are not defending MacDonalds, but defending the concept of personal
accountability.