Posted to alt.home.repair
cutter

Default Hardwood floor stained from carpet padding

bryanska wrote:
Moved into a 1955 house with carpet over hardwood. Pulled up some
carpet tonight and discovered that the dark red foam in the carpet
padding has stained our hardwood floors!

The stains are like spots of dried blood. Water doesn't soak them out.
We're considering refinishing anyway, but does anyone know what causes
this?

Could it have come from steam cleaning?

(You know how carpet padding is made of different-colored chunks of
foam? Only one color, the dark red, bled onto the floor)

bryanska,
I all likelyhood the stains are from pet urine and have probably
permiated the wood. It probably would not be able to be sanded out.

cutter