Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Portable Bandsaws - PorterCable vs Miwaukee

I recently purchased one of the new Dewalt portable band saws and just love it.
The reason I chose Dewalt was that its variable speed can be set with a control
knob as opposed to the trigger controls which I find difficult to use
consistantly having dulled a few blades with a few second slip of the trigger .
Also it has a built in work light so you can see the cut in low light
situations. It is typical Dewalt industrial quality.

(jj) wrote:
The HF bandsaw thread prompts me to ask, how about PorterCable vs
Milwaukee? How do they compare? Let's just say the HF one is in a
class by itself? :-) (I am no HF snob, I own lots of HF - some great
values and decent quality there)

I'm partial to the PorterCable mostly because of my dissappointing
history with the Milwaukee 14" chop saws.

I think there will be a PC "big capacity" saw in my near future!

Jay