Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Ode to a Handle Cranker

Can't disagree w/ this, but I also don't think it's
philosophically/humanistically responsible to essentially cite a kind of
economic/social Darwinism, and shrug it off with, Dat's Life...

This **** is being engineered, choreographed, albeit w/ our own oblivious
cooperation.
And maybe it is all, ultimately inevitable.

Indeed, wine is limited in proof cuz all the yeasties die, en masse, in
their own effing ****, at about 19%. A few protesting yeasts are not going
to change much by holding their own bladders.

Our fate is proly the same.

Betcha dint know you was paying alladat money for yeast ****, now, didja??
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"kurgan" wrote in message
ups.com...

rigger wrote:
per: Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

How can they, when it takes four people working OT to keep a fukn roof
over

their heads, in many parts of the country.
And a fifth to pay the utilities...
Not a Dem/Repub issue, either.

Sorry but I, and I imagine some others, might not agree.
The ENTIRE problem is exactly "a Dem/Repub issue".
The corporate slobs are doing exactly what the investors want: Make
the most money by all means possible.
It's the so called "Public servants", in who we place our trust, who
sell our collective birthright to the highest bidder.

snip

Collective birthright, my ass.

The most primitive economies are principally agricultural.

When they advance, they industrialize and begin manufacturing. For over
100 years various stages of industrialized economies were at the
forefront.

In the last 20+ years, it's gone past industrial, into the tech
economy. Now, tech is becoming commoditized - witness Intel's move this
week to become a consumer electronics company. COMDEX has gone under -
no one's interested in computers anymore.

The next evolution? Biotech.

Machinists crying about their "birthright" are no different than
farmers crying about theirs. The fact of the matter is, 150 years ago
90% of the nation's workforce was working in Ag, now it's 2% and
shrinking. Advances in tech have made it such and even still we produce
too much food. The same thing's been happening for a long time in
manufacturing and it will also happen in tech. Someday it'll happen to
biotech too.

There is no "birthright". The only thing we are guaranteed of is
change. Some adapt, some don't, some don't and cry about it. Like you.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.