Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default Which adhesive?

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:27:33 GMT, "Bob Minchin"
wrote:

I have a fibre cement tiled pitched roof with a parapet wall at the bottom.
In order to form a sealed gulley for the rainwater, I intend to use 1mm
butyl rubber sheet (pond liner) cover the parapet wall, the gulley and
tucked up under a couple of courses of tiles. The decking under the tiles is
Sterling Board (OSB) and the parapet wall is made of concrete blocks.

What would be a suitable adhesive to use to stick the rubber to both damp
concrete and the OSB. I dont want to use a contact type as I will be upon
the roof man handling a 10m long strip of rubber and it is bound to get
stuck to itself somewhere along the line.
Once the rubber is in place I will be covering the edge along the parapet
wall so ultimate water proofing from the adhesive is not essential.

There are a number of bituminous lap-cement type roofing adhesives but I
don't know if these are compatible with butyl rubber.

Any suggestions wold be welcome - apart from 'don't do it
like that' as I'm already committed to the method.

TIA

Bob

I alyways thought you fitted this stuff in a single unjointed sheet.

I'd search the web for the spec/usage sheets on the exact product you
have.

Rick