Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Pat

Default abbreviations

Years ago I always carried a Sears pocket knife. I liked them because of
the warrantee. Free replacement when I broke a blade. I would get new ones
several times a year. The packaging always made a point of A.C.A. blade. I
believe it was also written on the blade as well. I always wondered what it
meant especially since it appeared to matter a lot to Sears. One day I
asked the clerk as I was getting a new one. "Amazing Cutting Action". I
laughed. There is a lot of gooblegook out there. I skip the posts that
rely on it. Usually there are plenty of others to read.