Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke

Default O.T.Poster's Intellect

After reading the responses to my query there was one thing that stood out,
nobody, not one person said they thought Bush was smarter than they are.
That doesn't surprise me and it says a lot too. It's like nobody mentioning
the 400lb. gorilla in the room. So I take that as tacit acknowledgement that
everyone knows that Bush really isn't very bright. It reminds me of when
there is a fat, ugly girl they want to fix you up with and people say she's
really nice. We all know what that means.

Surprisingly, numerous replies from people discounting the value of
intelligence were heard. Changes of topic were also common instead of
addressing the issue of Bush's intellectual abilities. Several people
pointed out that success was more inportant than brains and that it was
better not to be the smartest person in the room. Sadly, all those responses
run contrary to reality. In truth, being the smartest, richest, best-looking
person in the room is what everyone wishes they could be. Some folks don't
want to admit that though.

As expected there was a political bias too. Everyone excusing Bush's lack of
brains or those saying that he didn't really need brains to be a leader or
to be a success I assumed to be politically conservative. In the end what
seems to be the answer to the question is that Bush does not have a high
intellect. I came to that conclusion based on the fact that no one was able
to make a strong case that Bush was an individual posessing a high I.Q.
Liberals are saddened by that fact and conservatives make excuses for it.
Liberals think being smarter would make Bush, or anyone, a better president.
Conservatives argue that being the leader of the greatest nation on earth
doesn't require much intellectual capability. That's a weak argument in my
book but when you have an intellectually limited individual leading your
party what else can you say? The bottom line is that no one can come up with
a strong argument showing that Bush is smart. But then, that's what I
expected when I asked the question in the first place. Thanks for the
confirmation.

Hawke