Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab

Default Linux is Driving me $#@!!!! nutz!!!

Cydrome Leader wrote:
In rec.crafts.metalworking Gunner wrote:

Ok..for all you Linux junkies...this has been driving me nuts for
months and months and ... well you get the idea.
Originally..I thought this issue was hardware....but now...

What are you trying to do that justifies all the time wasted on trying to
run anything but windows?

There are many reasons to avoid Microsoft. It can be as simple as
having and old computer to view drawings in a shop (no reason to pay
$100-200 for that simple task) to running servers where Linux is faster,
more stable, more secure, and less subject to the whim of a company that
churns the market at every opportunity and builds eye candy at the
expense of fixing defects and cleaning up their designs. Don't even get
me stated about what they did with the Pen Windows API in the late 90's
- in short, they had documented functions to be supported on Win32 for
all time, and then yanked them w/o warning. With the cross-posts to a
survivalism group, I can also assume that having the source code to the
OS is of interest, and I certainly won't argue with that.

Bill