Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.

Default NG to propane conversion

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Can anybody point me in a good direction for converting a tappan range
(model unknown, nameplate is ruined) to propane?

All the sites google comes up with are garbage.

My regulator is rated NG or propane, it says so. I can replace the
orifices in the top burners easily. They're some brass piece that

threads
on. I've not peeked in the oven section yet.

You only have to hit an OLDER appliance store that sells and repairs
products. Take a picture of yours with you. There should be part numbers
cast/stamped into the burners. Have them order you the conversion parts
kit. It includes new orifice jets for each burner and one for the oven.
These just unscrew and you screw the new ones in. Hook up the propane
and adjust the flames using the small adjuster screws that are inside
the control stems (pull off the knobs to see them). The kit will come
with an instruction sheet that will give you the same info.