Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee

Default O.T.Bush's Intellect

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 05:16:16 GMT, "Emmo"
wrote:
Intelligence is not the issue in our leaders. Jimmy Carter was said to be
very smart, but IMHO he was one of the worst leaders we have ever had.

=====================
Latest thought is there are many different kinds of intelligence.
For example Mozart was a musical genius, but would most likely be
a failure as president if only because he would [want to] spend
all his time playing/composing.

Additional problem is the goals of the potential leader. They
may be ideally suited for the job with exactly the types of
intelligence required, but if their goal is to enrich themselves
and their friends at the expense of the vast majority, they would
not be a good choice either (at least from the point of the
majority).

If we can require routine periodic psychiatric
evlauation/examinations of our police officers, who at most carry
a rifle, it seems only reasonable that we require perodic
psychiatric examination and "vetting" of presidential candidates
who will have the resources of the United States under their
control including h-bombs and internal secret police.

Uncle George