Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mj

Default hard versus soft solder

Hi Don,
Thanks for all the info on this. I gotta admit, I am surprised with all
the responses and the info/links on this. There is plenty here for me
to sort through. The Little Torch setup looks pretty cool. I am
definately putting that I my "to purchase" list. I am also attempting
to build a resistance soldering unit out of a car battery charger (I
have another thread going on this one too). This, if I ever get it to
work correctly, will put a lot of heat in one very small location.

Mr. Brown (UPS) is supposed to be here on Tuesday and Wed with the rest
of my mill stuff (123 blocks, a vise and some parallels) and my flat
brass stock for the hitch. I am hoping to get started on this later
this week or early next.

Mike