Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Siggy

Default O.T.Bush's Intellect

Why would Bush *want* to be the smartest man in the room? Ask anyone who
has any measure of business success in life and they will tell you that they
became successful by surrounding themselves with good people. You don't
really think that any leader, be it Bush, Blair, Kerry, Clinton, corporate
CEO, or middle manager come up with all the ideas and options themselves do
you?

Leaders lead by having a set of principles and objectives that govern their
thoughts and actions. They then measure the advice given them by their
subordinates and advisors against those principles and objectives, weigh the
options and make a decision. To be sure, you need a measure of
intelligence to make the right decisions, but the point is that generally,
the options, risks and rewards details come from those other smart guys.

Michael Dell said it very well in a commencement address he gave at the
University of Texas at Austin in 2003: "Try never to be the smartest person
in the room. And if you are, I suggest you invite smarter people . or find a
different room."
(http://www.dell.com/downloads/global...mmencement.pdf).
I think you'll find this speech very inspirational and motivating if you
take a few minutes to read it all.

Robert

"Hawke" wrote in message
The level of Bush's intellect has been food for thought for a long time
now.
Most people on the left believe him to be a moron. Those on the right
appear
to think that he is of high intellect. Without testing it's probably
impossible to know for sure but inarticulate people are usually not very
smart. We all know about Bush's speaking ability, or lack thereof. So
there
is one indicator right there. Stubbornness is also associated with a low
intellect so there is another indicator there. My thinking is that Bush's
intelligence is in the average or below range. I'd like to hear of any
indicators of him having a high I.Q., anyone have any?

What I am also interested in is finding out who thinks Bush is smarter
than
they are. I'm only guessing but I think all of Bush's advisors think they
are smarter than he is. Whether it's Karl Rove, Andrew Card, Cheney,
Rummy,
Rice, Libby, and the rest, I bet every one of them thinks they are smarter
than Bush is. I bet they are too. So the question is who among us will
admit
to being dumber than George Bush. Sound off if you think Bush is smarter
than you are.

Hawke