Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roly

Default Store Security Tag still attached.

Mike Laine wrote:

My grandson put on his new jumper last night for the party, only to
find the 'flying saucer' store security thingy still attached. Now I
have heard of this happening before and a return to the store required
(albeit recompense given). This will be somewhat inconvenient and I am
visiting my offspring on Wednesday. What should I take? Will a hammer
and wedge remove it, crush it in the workmate or perhaps cut it open
with the Dremel and cutting disc. Just how do these things work?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Mike

When our daughter was pregnant for the first time, my wife went off to
Mothercare and bought one of everything, like Mums do. Unfortunately one
of those tags was left on and she nor anybody else paid any regard to
the alarm sounding as she walked out of the shop.

The goods were all parcelled up and sent to daughter, who spotted the
tag. Daughter then sent her husband off to Mothercare to ask that they
remove the tag ( having had the receipt posted up too ).

So he walks into Mothercare to the sound of alarms. Explains the
situation to the staff, who explain that their branch uses a different
type of tag, but they think that Dorothy Perkins use that type. So he
walks out of Mothercare, with the alarm ringing, walks into an equally
noisy Dotty P and they explain that they don't use those particular tags
either. So he spends the whole morning marching in and out of various
clothes shops, to a chorus of alarms at every entrance and exit until
one retailer has the appropriate gadget.