Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting pressure treated 4x4's

NO arsenic in modern/current pressure treated lumber like you can get
at your home center. Now it is a copper based chemical treatment,
VERY corrosive to iron/steel, so although I would NOT avoid using my
table saw/miter saw to cut pressure treated lumber, I would be sure to
clean all sawdust/residue - and probably pull the saw blade and give
it a good bath in blader cleaner or something like SimpleGreen

John

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 13:10:34 -0500, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

Happy New Year all!

I need to cut 3 pressure treated 4x4's into 36" lenghs for a small project I
am doing. Will the 4x4's do any special damage to my saw blades (I was going
to use my 10" sliding miter saw) or should I take them outside and use a
chain saw? I know there is arsenic in the pressure treating material so I
will wear a respirator in either case but I'm concerned about dulling my
blade.

TIA.

Dick Snyder