Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Houseman

Default Cutting pressure treated 4x4's

The most important thing about cutting pressure treated lumber that is
fresh is to clean the blade when you are done - the combination of the
chemicals and moisture make quick rust on most blades.

Hard Maple puts more wear on my blades than pressure treated.

If you bought the boards in the last 18 months - there is no arsenic in
them...some copper...but no arsenic.

Make sure if the project is going IN the ground that you use 0.40 and
not the common 0.25 pressure treated.

In article ,
David wrote:

Dick Snyder wrote:

Happy New Year all!

I need to cut 3 pressure treated 4x4's into 36" lenghs for a small project
am doing. Will the 4x4's do any special damage to my saw blades (I was
going
to use my 10" sliding miter saw) or should I take them outside and use a
chain saw? I know there is arsenic in the pressure treating material so I
will wear a respirator in either case but I'm concerned about dulling my
blade.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

that's only a few cuts, Dick. plywood and mdf is MUCH worse on your
blades. You cut them, don't you?

Dave