Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Default I finally found a good use for old CD's.

On 1/1/2006 1:32 PM Odinn mumbled something about the following:
On 1/1/2006 11:26 AM Ralph E Lindberg mumbled something about the
following:
In article ,
Odinn wrote:

Not at all, doesn't harm it one bit.

Sigh... do you know what a Standing Wave Ratio (SWR)is? Do you know
what a bad SWR means to a tranmission tube? Have you read the manual
about putting metal in the microwave? Do you know that it's the metal
in the CD that causes this reaction?

Why do I think the answer to the above questions are no

Funny how one of my microwaves has a metal rack in it, and it doesn't
say to remove it to use the microwave. Do try again.

I'll give you a hint though. The warning isn't because of damage to the
magnatron.

--
Odinn - another hint is at http://amasci.com/weird/microwave/voltage3.html