Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Keeping fridge in a cupboard - good or bad energy?

Hi, I have recently moved and have a large kitchen cupboard designed
to take a fridge, with a full-height wooden door on it (almost like
entering another room or broom cupboard). Is keeping the fridge in
there with the door shut a good thing or a bad thing,
energy-consumption-wise?

We put our smallish deep freezer into out larder a few years back
and it did make the larder a lot warmer. We were not keen on this heat
as the larder was just nice and cool before so we put the freezer back
where it started.

Chris.