Posted to alt.home.repair
hoops

Default ceramic tile under a leaking toilet needs to be replaced - AFTERMATH II

i used a snake and the pipe was clean.

it was suggested to me tonight that the second leak occured because when we
ran the shower, the toilet (in the other bathroom) wasn't installed and the
water came up out of that pipe and flange. my pal suggested that the
pressure of the water in that toilet acts as a stopper. make sense?

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"hoops" writes:

i spoke too soon.

my son took a shower in the other bathroom and the water level in the
open
toilet rose and we didn't notice it for 5 minutes, so the water leaked
and
flooded the kitchen. major damage to ceiling. now i'm stumped. i
figured
the pipe was clear. any ideas/help???

If you have a snake, use it.
Otherwise, it might be time to call a plumber.