Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

Default BP Drawbar Shear Pin Question

"Errol Groff" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:12:48 -0500, "ATP*"
wrote:

I couldn't find this info on Google. What is the proper material to use to
replace the pin on a Bridgeport drawbar? I tried a roll pin which was way
too soft and sheared too easily.

In eighteen years of teaching high school freshmen and sophomores I
have never had a student break a BP drawbar in that fashion. Perhaps
you are putting WAY too much oomph into your spindle tightening.

Errol Groff

I don't know, I'm not really putting that much torque on it, especially not
the last time. The hollow roll pin I put in there definitely doesn't take
much to shear.