Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default residential electrical question

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:59:07 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:22:10 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:06:48 -0500, "Rush Limballes"
wrote:

14/2 is rated up to 30A, go ahead its cool.

Do you realize that news propagation is such that almost no one gets
every post? So they may not get the other posts that correct you.

This post has no humor at all.

Your stupid answers are getting too stupid and if sometime someone
believes you, you may kill him or his family. Are you 25 y.o. going
on 12?

wrote in message
egroups.com...
I have a simplex 20 a electrical outlet that powers my washing machine.
I would like to remove the simplex and add a two receptacle 20 a GFI so
I may add my wifes &*$@&%$ electric catbox to the laundry room. Only 1
14/2 romex is run inside the wall for the circuit. Is it safe to use
the single black from the circuit and jumper the hot sides of the
receptacle ?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

I found a table that says the allowable current for 14AWG (copper) is
15A. The table also shows 25A and 30A (with specific types of
insulation).

But you wouldn't have posted what you just did without including the
part in parentheses, would you? Because you're not irresponsible.

What you say is good to know, but the previous poster didn't say
anything about needing special insulation -- and I'll bet you any
money didn't know about the possibility -- and I'm sure the OP doesn't
have special insulation. Yet he was told "Go ahead it's cool".