Jerry S Jerry S is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hylourgos
Jerry S wrote:
snip

I have need of the same part as you Jon. Did you or anyone else have
success in finding it?
Thanks,
Jerry

As an alternative, if this is the collet nut you refer to, you might
look into replacing it with a "QuickRout" bit connector, also sold
through Sears. Then you'll have quick bit replacement capacity to boot.

A great idea! I almost bought one. However, upon examination, the "QuickRout" connector does not appear to fit my router. Although it is claimed to fit all Craftsman routers (comes in 1/4" & 1/2" bit shaft sizes), this is apparently not true for the very old ones. These connectors are collets intended to fit tightly over smooth shafts. Mine is a larger diameter one with threads.

Has anyone used this connector successfully on this model number router?