Posted to alt.home.repair
Nosmo King

Default Problem with Schlage door lock

In article , "Bill" wrote:
Just curious, but is this the commercial grade lockset which costs about
$200.00 which you need to buy from a locksmith or is this the consumer grade
lockset sold at home improvement stores?

It looks like the builder used the standard consumer grade sets. I went to HD
to buy a replacement latch, and they didn't carry them. The guy there said
the Schlage locksets have a lifetime warranty, and should be replaced at no
charge.

I looked on their web site, and it says the lifetime warranty is valid for
"the original user". As the second owner of a five year old house, I am
disappointed in this.