Posted to alt.home.repair
ccs>ikyr

Default linoleum rugs

This isn't home repair, it's decoration, I suppose, but it has to do
with flooring.

I have three messy little kids and the dinner table sits on hw floors
we're about to have refinished. I've been thinking of making a "rug"
out of linoleum to sit under it and keep the ketchup and whatnot off
the floor. One flooring guy I talked to said it won't work, the edges
will curl, which I guess I buy.

OTOH years ago, there were linoleum rugs, and they appear to be
antiques of a sort. There are a couple for sale on ebay right now. So
obviously there is a way to do this. My question is, has anyone tried
it and are there any tricks? They make one in this home and garden
channel spot,
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_floors_c...372716,00.html.
It appears they didn't do anything special, just lay it on the floor.
Anyone have personal experience with this?

(Note that when I say "linoleum", I don't mean "vinyl")

Thanks

ccsikyr