Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Default repairing broken flange on drainpipe

wrote in message
ups.com...
This morning while cleaning out the sinktrap in our upstairs bathroom I
noticed that the flange on the end of the pipe jutting from the wall is
cracked. What is the best way to repair this? The thing looks like
this:

__ --where flange is broken

(sorry for the crappy ascii!)

It's not broken all of the way around, just about 1/3 of the way
around. I was going to clean it off then put some epoxy or something on
it but I wasn't sure if it would hold. I'm a plumbing noob, so go easy
on me!

Remove the part(s), take it to the hardware store or home center, and get a new one