Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Texas ebony posts

Art Ransom wrote:

FYI . Before they were turned the material was called telephone
pole
after turning it is known as Texas Ebony.

OK.. had me going there. I am in San Antonio, and from time to time I
see small pieces of wood that come up from the valley and they are
"Texas Ebony".

When I read you were turning a post, I was floored. I haven't ever
seen a piece of this stuff longer than 24" you could actually turn
anything out of that was nice.

A telephone pole... you must be like me. A Texan born and raised.
Gotta getcher turnin' wood where you can.

I still think you should put a pic up on your site of one of your
posts, though.

Robert