Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Slate Floor tiles

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:43:21 +0000 (UTC), "Jonathan Cummings"
wrote:

I have recently laid slate floor tiles in my bathroom and pre-sealed them
with a propietry sealer...however the tiles don't look quite dark enough.
They dried to a mid grey colour. Is there anything I can put on the tiles to
make them darker.

Thks

JeC

Yes. Try some Lithofin MN Colour Enhancer.

www.lithofin.de

I used this in the kitchen for slate tiles there. It doesn't darken
the slate colour, but makes it appear richer without making it look
glossy.

However, I can't remember whether this stuff should go on before or
after the sealer (use Lithofin Stainstop for that), so you need to
research it. The web site has a lot of technical information or you
can email them.

Lithofin stuff is generally available from better tile shops or on
line.

--

..andy