Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default How much to pay for labor for 2 hours to move something down some stairs?

Don't worry about how much to pay someone. Worry about finding someone who
is willing to do it. Then ask them how much they want and pay that amount.
Any professional who has the equipment, is going to charge more, and will be
insured. If you find a couple of "Mexicans" or high school or college
students, make sure you're home-owner's insurance covers property damage
and/or injury.

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got thie furnace firebox sitting at the top of my basement stairs.
Its about 2x3x4' and weighs around 4-500 lb. I need to go find
(probably a mexican) guy to help me move it down the stairs.

I have no idea how much to offer or ask! I live in NJ in the poncy
Princeton area. I'd drive them to my house, move it, and drive them
back again, max 2 hours total of their time.

TIA for any tips!

Dean