Posted to rec.woodworking
Olebiker

Default What I Got For Christmas Thread

wrote:
We've got trout streams, bass lakes, sawmills in almost every county,
horses, bourbon, mountains, forests, deer, elk, electricity, farmland,
crank labs, tobacco beds, rivers, horse racing, Louisville Sluggers,
upland hunting, wetland hunting, wild turkeys, Hey! Mohammed Ali grew
up in Louisville! It can't be all that bad. Maybe you should visit
sometime. Sandy and I could take you fishing. We could pretend that
they're just not biting while we keep you away from our honey-holes:-)

Stop it, you're making me homesick. I remember fishing on Taylorsville
Lake with my Dad one morning about 20 years ago. It was about 30
minutes after daylight but a light fog was still on the water. We were
in a large, calm bay where we were catching bass on Pop Rs. On a hill
covered in broom sedge above us a beagle was running a rabbit.

Dad turned around from the front seat of the Bass Tracker, grinned and
said, "Don't you wonder what Jesus is doing with the boys he doesn't
love this morning?" Yeah, I know the theology maybe isn't correct, but
the sentiment was sure right on. Dad is 81 and still fishes
Taylorsville.

The bass are bigger here in Florida but I miss fishing with Dad.

Dick "doesn't miss going to the barn to milk in freezing weather"
Durbin
Tallahassee