Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kalico

Default Advice needed for ideas for moving Radiator pipes

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:46:48 -0000, "M.D.Palmer"
wrote:

Wow, fantastic posts guys. Many thanks!

Just want to double check something, so every time i make a cut of the
plastic pipe, I need to insert a pipe insert before connecting to the 90
degree angle or T joint etc?
Does this help stop the pipe from collapsing slightly?

The thing that worries me about using copper pipes is not being able to heat
the joint all the way around due to confined spaces under the floor boards.

If space is limited, then plastic is the way to go. I haven't
soldered a joint in ages. Push-fit is just so quick although I still
use copper pipe with it.

Plastic pipe can also be more easily fed under the floorboards,
without having to take up so many as to get a good length of copper
in.

To answer your question, yes, always use the pipe inserts with plastic
pipe to strengthen it and stop it collapsing, as you say. Not
necessary with copper pipe into the plastic fitting though.

If you are going to do lots of this then definitely buy a proper pipe
slice for the copper and snips for the plastic pipe.

I've just done a full central heating job and only used copper for the
radiator legs and a short run near the boiler. 15mm Hep2o elbow
something like £1 each I would guess and two pushes and the jobs done.

Rob