Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson

Default What I Got For Christmas Thread

On 30 Dec 2005 23:06:28 -0800, wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

Better watch out. I might be moving, based on your advertisement.

I can have the whiskey shipped in - but good bass fishing don't export
well.

Kentucky Lake is a respected fishery by most major bass tournament
sponsors and organizers. I live about an hour and a half from there
with a boat in tow. The smallmouth are biting on suspended jigs right
now. Dale Hollow to the south is also seeing the smallmouth bite. My
uncle is fishing a tournament tomorrow. Cumberland River is pretty
good, Green river Lake is great for muskie and walleye. Nolin River
Lake, good. Barren River Lake,, I've not had luck there. Winter pooling
/staging may be keeping that river from being a great producer. Yep,
BYOB if you want.

I'm only one hour from the Fort Campbell WMA, trout streams there.Lots
of small water-shed lakes and ponds too. But the closest water to my
place is Green River. Too much barge traffic (I believe)along with a
really dry summer has ruined the fishing for this year. There are a few
catfish pulled out of there that will make you think twice about
putting a bare foot in the water. 2 years ago there was a 97lb. cat
caught on a jug line. Last year we were night fishing and saw a jug
running about 20-30mph across the surface before being pulled under.
Several other guys saw it and that may become the new urban legend
here, The Jug Fishing Ghost?

Tom in KY, got more fish tales.

You also have Ricky Skaggs, my most favoritest musician on earth.

(watson - who still likes Beethoven pretty good, but thinks that Ricky
runs a close second.)

Further Away Than Yesterday
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/