Posted to rec.woodworking
JeffB

Default Variable speed ROS

I like the variable speed option. I use mine at full speed and rough grits for
'shaping' operations, and at slower speeds and finer grits for 'finish' sanding
operations. The sanders can be aggressive - especially on plywood or veneers - I
think it's worth the extra $$$ to be able to throttle back the speed. YMMV...
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

alexy wrote:

Was considering getting one of PC's small 5" ROS. I've never used a
ROS before, and wonder how useful the variable speed feature of one of
the models is. When would you use less than full speed?