Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Default Question for Panasonic drill owners

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
. ..
Per my request, I recieved a 15.6 Panasonic drill for Christmas. I
really do
love the drill so far - they dont get much nicer than this. But
here's my question - instead of a regular, smooth flowing, chuck
loosen/adjustment like most chucks, this one has a sort of
'ratcheting' effect as you turn it - don't know a better way to
describe it. I suppose I can get used to it,
I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Only ratchet I get is a click or so when it is tightened. You don't
have the clutch adjusted loose do you? I really like the one hand
chuck.

No matter what brand of drill you have you may also want to consider
getting one of the quick change chucks if you are constantly changing
back and forth between a driver and drill bit. Takes less than a
second to swap them.

Odd. I've got the 12 volt and the only ratcheting noise I get is changing
the torque. Chuck opens and closes silently.