Posted to rec.woodworking
Pawel

Default glueing steam bent oak .. can it be done while hot?

I am building a bookshelf with quarter round shelves. I have cut them of oak
plywood
in the shape of rectangle with quarter of circle on the side. I am planing
to edge them with
2x1 oak board steam bend to go along the curvature. I do plan to bend it on
the plywood shelf itself.

I am afraid that after drying even while clamped to the shelf it will
straigten a bit and it may be difficult to
glue it back to the shelf. Is it possible to glue while hot, bend it clamp
it and have it done?
If it can be done what glue would work in those conditions?

thanks for your opinions

pawel