Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Art

Default file set from HF?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 13:07:12 -0800, Koz
wrote:

Alex wrote:

.... stuff deleted...

On a similar note, I was amazed that sandpaper has the same difference.
Ignoring the generic crap, even branded stuff at the homeowner hell
shop can't come close to good commercial paper. Klingspor sels roll
ends like the bargain boxes listed at
http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-b...%20ALL%20TYPES

It was like night and day to use the quality commercial stuff vs what
one can generally buy off the shelf locally.

So true. I made the mistake of buying some chi-com sheets and shop
rolls. It is so bad I wont even get it away. Really terrible
abrasive. No more cheap abrasives for me.

As far as the HF files, I actually have a set in my shop. Id say they
were worth the $3 the set of 5 cost, though I dont use them all that
often.

With files, drill bits, sandpaper, and other similar tools, cheaper
seems more important than time when purchasing. However, the
aggrivation factor from poor cutting tools will make saving a couple of
bucks far from worth it in the long run.

This is especially true of taps and dies!!

Koz