Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff

Default ice fishing

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:41:28 -0800, (daniel
peterman) wrote:

When I was just a little boy, sittin on my daddy's knee (sorry Fogerty,
it's kinda universal) my father who was really an accountant and
certified tinkerer presented me with a problem
He enjoyed challenging me with odd stuff and it sharpened my mind.
Here was the problem... There is some metal involved only because fish
are commonly caught on metal hooks.

I bore a hole in a frozen, then another one about 10 yards away. The
object is to get a dragline laced with baited hooks from one hole under
the ice to the other hole.
We thought of miniature subs and other weird schemes( iwas only about 7
at the time) and it was cold alot in Michigan in the 60s so lots of time
to ponder such things. We thought of RC trolling motors and i never
figured it out or tried it(money)
It has been done for centuries
Do you know how?

Why bother with all that? Just take along a can of peas and place the
peas in a circle around the edge of the hole in the lice. When a fish
comes up to take a pee just grab him.

Badaboom

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology