Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
everyman

Default dead blow hammer

Nope, Mariner.
Karl

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:16:40 GMT, "everyman"
wrote:

I got a nice Spyderco knife that way.

Sigh...Police Model? I lost one off the air cleaner on the freeway..I
heard the rattle thump as I hit 75mph...knew exactly what it was..and
couldnt go back for it in heavy traffic...damnit

Gunner

Karl

"William Wixon" wrote in message
ever wonder what the inside of a dead blow hammer looks like?

-snip-

yeah, my next step is taking it apart further.
"... you must'a hit." lol :-)
this was a Snap-On hammer. kinda embarrassing though how i got it. i

stole
it from Home Depot (i'm kidding). driving down a busy street one day

(was
so long ago i can't remember where, maybe NYC) and saw it lying on the
center painted lines, i can't remember now if it even maybe was lying
directly under a traffic signal in the middle of an intersection. i

turned
around, pulled up to it, stopped in the middle of a busy road, opened

my
door, reached down, GOT IT and drove away. (i did feel bad for the guy

who
lost it though.) had been HEAVILY used though even when i got it.

that
was
at least 10 maybe 15 years ago, no telling how long the other guy had

it.
think the plastic just got old/brittle. i was surprised how much

Snap-On
is
asking for this hammer now, over $40, wow. at their website it says
something about a new upgraded urethane.
(the kid in me) wants to open up the cylinder just to see what's

inside.
i thought this was a great hammer, high quality stuff, from this one

i'd
say
Snap-On makes pretty good dead blow hammers. funny what you wrote Ned

about
not having the nerve to ask for a replacement. didn't know Snap-On did
that. hope you can get a new hammer. always liked the heft and feel

of
this one.

b.w.

for torturing the cat." Gunner