Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Which twin shower pump?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:23:37 -0000, "Don" popple @diddle .dot wrote:

I live in a bungalow consequently a small head on the recently installed
thermostatic shower unit. I'm only getting a trickle so I want to boost the
pressure a little, nothing fancy like a 3.5 bar multiple shower unit, just a
small boost. The base of the roof header tank is approx 600mm above the
shower head, the minimum head recommended for the thermostatic unit is 0.1
bar which I assume is approx 1000mm.
I cannot seem to find a shower giving less than 1.3 bar, my main concerns
are :
1 Reliability.
2 long life.
3 high ambient temperature ( installation in Airing cupboard).
4 Continuous rating.

Would the inclusion of valved bypasses from inlets to outlets reduce the
strain on the pump by lowering the outlet pressure, or would the consequent
increased volume through the pump be detrimental to reliability.
Any thoughts and/or recommendations as to which pump I should buy.

I'm inclined towards :

or:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...20 7&ts=34457

What does the team think?

Neither if you want to meet all those criteria.

Go for a Stuart Turner one.

e.g.

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/750-299

or better

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/750-300

(I just used that site as a source of links - shop around for better
price)

You shouldn't do bypasses. Simply connecting in 15mm if you don't
want too much flow will do it.

--

..andy