Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Dishwasher hot water hose connection?

"Terry" wrote in message
.. .
Just reading something else on this ng got me thinking!

Our long installed dishwasher is connected to hot water under the kitchen
sink cabinet by a rubber hose that IIRC came with it, via a shut-off, into
1/2 inch copper.

Rubber hoses come in different qualities. Some can take a lot of
temperature for a long time, like the radiator and heater hoses in a car.
Eventually they will harden, crack or otherwise go bad.

Replace it with soft copper. A couple of compression fittings from the
existing copper to the machine will do it.