Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Default Dishwasher hot water hose connection?

Terry,

One thing about rubber is that one day it will wear out and crack, then
leak. The preferred way to connect a DW is with copper tubing and
compression fittings.

Terry wrote:
Just reading something else on this ng got me thinking!

Our long installed dishwasher is connected to hot water under the kitchen
sink cabinet by a rubber hose that IIRC came with it, via a shut-off, into
1/2 inch copper.

If it ever broke live hot water would spew out under the kitchen cabinet.
Below in the basement are some shelves which have books and papers etc.!

What is the recommended method of connection? Maybe a braided temperature
resistant hose?

TIA Terry