Posted to alt.home.repair
mwlogs

Default Dishwasher hot water hose connection?

I'm no expert on these things, but I've put in a few DW's in my day and
never seen one that connects as you've described. But if yours is that way,
I agree you are living on borrowed time. I'd check out the connection at
the DW end and see it it would be possible to connect directly with some
soft copper tubing. That's the way I've always connected mine.

The drain on the other hand would probably be rubber hose, and normally
connects to the Disposal if you have one, otherwise into a special 'Tee"
fitting on the sink drain.

"Terry" wrote in message
.. .
Just reading something else on this ng got me thinking!

Our long installed dishwasher is connected to hot water under the kitchen
sink cabinet by a rubber hose that IIRC came with it, via a shut-off, into
1/2 inch copper.

If it ever broke live hot water would spew out under the kitchen cabinet.
Below in the basement are some shelves which have books and papers etc.!

What is the recommended method of connection? Maybe a braided temperature
resistant hose?

TIA Terry