Posted to rec.woodworking
www

Default Question for Panasonic drill owners

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
. ..
Per my request, I recieved a 15.6 Panasonic drill for Christmas. I really

do
love the drill so far - they dont get much nicer than this. But here's my
question - instead of a regular, smooth flowing, chuck loosen/adjustment
like most chucks, this one has a sort of 'ratcheting' effect as you turn
it - don't know a better way to describe it. I suppose I can get used to

it,
I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

It's actually a very beneficial feature
Your drill/driver bits are far less likely to slip with these chucks as you
can tighten them easier.
One of my Pro Series Ryobi drills has this feature and its great. I don't
think its any slower than a non-ratcheting chuck though?

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,