Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Default Milling on the lathe Vertical tslot table or vertical milling vise?

1. Before anyone even starts a REAL milling machine is in the works but
the 2 demons of all workshops are working against it Money and
Especially space so until the new workshop is built i have a lathe and
room for it but NOT a mill or even a Mill/Drill asian thingy

I know this is aimed mainly at the hobby people because most sane people
would used a vertical mill for vertical milling and a lathe for turning.
As i said though the time and Space demons are on me so to me it makes
more sense to be able to do some limited milling in a lathe than to do
nothing waiting for the mill

Has anyone used the Palmgren vertical vise miling attachment or a myford
vertical table? which would be the most versatile to serve until i could
get a proper milling machine?

Any help is appreciated