Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home
paulfoel

Default White Knight tumble dryer - drum not turning UPDATE

powerstation wrote:

"paulfoel" wrote in message
ups.com...
OK. Changed the capacitor but now I cant get the motor to run at all
!!!!

Just to explain how its connected. From the switch/timer theres one
wire straight to the motor, and two to the capacitor. Then two run from
the capacitor to the motor.

The sole wire is live (I checked). What should be live into/out of the
capacitor. Why two wires in and out?

Should the motor run with just the one live? What about earth/ground?

Can someone explain whats what?

(BTW. Think I knackered the timer now though - shorted it and blew the
fuses etc.).

The single wire from the motor on the white plastic connector is the
neutral, one of the wires to the capacitor should be live with the motor
running, these change over when the timer reverses the motor. What model do
you have, I will have a manual for it if you need it.

So why 4 wires on the top of the capacitor? There are two on one side
of the top with a plastic separator between these and two more.

Should both inputs be on one side and both outputs on the other?