Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Question for Panasonic drill owners

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
. ..
Per my request, I recieved a 15.6 Panasonic drill for Christmas. I really
do
love the drill so far - they dont get much nicer than this. But here's my
question - instead of a regular, smooth flowing, chuck loosen/adjustment
like most chucks, this one has a sort of 'ratcheting' effect as you turn
it - don't know a better way to describe it. I suppose I can get used to
it,
I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

jim

My now 11 year old Panasonic does that. Makita now uses a similar feature.
That is normal.