jim rozen

Default What is the future of manufacturing?

In article , bg says...

Look, it would be great to come up with a new economic theory that
will fix all the economic disparities in the world today. But its not
something that will happen tomorrow. People need solutions near-term.
So if that is a given, we need to work within the systems we have
available as best we can.

But I have *told* everyone what the near-term solutions
are going to be. All the executives are starting to act
on my proposal as we converse.

Simply fire all the US workers, and move production over
to China, where they make exactly the same thing that
was being made in the US, for 1/20 of the cost. Import
the widgets, and sell them for more profit than before.

Continue until you run out of a) widgets b)folks to make
widgets, or c) folks (with money) to buy widgets. For the
head of a corporation, this is not only a no-brainer but
indeed they would be remiss in their responsibilities
to the stockholders if they did *not* do this in its
entirety.

Jim

please reply to: