Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Default Information on Beeswax

Have you ever substituted citrus solvent for the turpentine in the wood
furniture polish recipes? I'm looking for a tried and true recipe.
Thanks.

Sheila

Personally I've never done any of the recipes in the original post that ER edited for
me, yet. But if you can find that, as made to be a solvent like turpentine I would try
it out, but not if it is merely orange oil. As turpentine is made from pine sap (also
called pitch or tar) it would have to be the same idea, as a solvent.

Have you found an orange-oil based solvent as a product?

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com