Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default Shop tips (+ HF TIG on sale again)

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:53:24 -0600, Rex B
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Rex
...with that 20% off coupon in my wallet, and $275 from the sale of my
little MIG welder.

There ya go. I didn't have time to drop by the welding supply place
for a tank of argon so I haven't tried my new toy yet. I also have to
get another 220v twist-lock plug and a length of 1/4" tubing (for
argon) and barb for it. With the regulator/flow gauge and a 2'
extension air blow gun ($2.99), it came to $195 and change. What does
a rental/purchase tank of argon cost?

I still have the argon tank from the MIG, and it's full.
So what else do I need - besides the welder? Does it come with a gas
regulator & hose?

Only Pure argon. C25 mig mix eats up your tungstens rapidly.

Been there, done that.

Gunner, who now has 6 tanks of various mixes

for torturing the cat." Gunner